Welcome! Voices In Praise exists for the glory of God and in service to others. As the youth choir of Friendship United Methodist Church, the group is open to all youth in grades 6 -12 who have a desire to sing and a willingness to make the commitment to the group. Singers are not required to be a member of the church or to have any background in singing. Our doors are open to everyone!

The choir rehearses on Mondays. Girls rehearse from 6:30pm – 8pm; Guys rehearse from 7pm – 8:30pm.

New singers are welcome any time. Feel free to contact Director Holly Reynolds Lee at 301-728-1748 with questions!


Want to learn more about Voices In Praise? We made this video as part of a fundraising campaign in 2014. Meet Director Holly Reynolds Lee and learn more about our music and ministry.

Day 6 - Hike, Service Work, Singing and Seattle Bound!

Ever tell 42 teenagers that they have to be up, packed, and dressed by 7:15am on a Monday? There might have been a few grumbles but they disappeared quickly when VIP got to beautiful Lynn Canyon for a morning hike. The kids crossed the suspension bridge and made their way through the forest, under a gorgeous canopy of trees. It was a great way to start our last day in BC.

After our hike, a small group of kids headed to Belkin House, a Salvation Army Center, where they got a tour of the facility and completed food prep for the lunch meal of salad and chili. They also made cupcakes from scratch and iced them. All of the kids had positive reports about their service work and raved about the friendly staff and the efficiency of the operation at Belkin House.

The remaining singers of VIP did a bit of souvenir shopping, and then arrived to help serve lunch and perform a concert. VIP sang well and folks seemed to enjoy the music and big smiles. We had a quick lunch and then boarded the bus for Seattle.

We crossed the border with no issues (hallelujah) and made a birthday cake stop. What's that? Why, it's a stop to pick up birthday cakes! Bethany and Jonathan were both celebrating a birthday today, in addition to taking a turn in the VIP birthday hat -- they celebtated with cake and our audience at the Everett Gospel Mission.

This center for women and children was our first performance that included kids. We shared instruments with the crowd, and the little ones colored their own "Flat Jesus." When the singing was done, we sang Happy Birthday and enjoyed the cake, and a time to visit with the women and children.

Here is a recap of her experience from VIP Ellie Chiurco:
Although I wasn't feeling very well today, my spirits were lifted after meeting a little girl named Charlie. Many of the other singers said that Charlie could've been my "mini me" (because she looked like me.) . It was only a little while I was with her, but I shortly realized the impact that having a visitor had on her. I have no idea why, but automatically she asked me to take her inside to get a drink with her after saying hello only a few short seconds earlier. I didn't know that I would be spending the rest of our visit at the shelter playing hide and seek and catering to her, but I didn't mind. Charlie and I had shared conversations about Disney princesses, cake, and her mother. Thankfully I got a picture with her before we left, but it was a sad goodbye. I tried to go without causing a scene, but Charlie chased after me down the street. I realized how heartbreaking it was to leave her.I guess that's when I realized the impact Charlie had on me. I'm so thankful for the opportunities to have met all the wonderful people We've come across on the multiple VIP tours I've been on. I will remember their stories, advice and words of encouragement for very long time.
As for Charlie, she will always have a special place in my heart.

After saying goodbye to our new friends, we headed to our hotel in Seattle and then went to Zeke's pizza for a late-night bite. Yes, we ate birthday cake before dinner -- but hey, sometimes you just have to eat dessert first. :-)